This Sunday is Super Bowl Sunday. No matter which team you are rooting for, consider this scenario….
Your team is driving for the end zone with 20 seconds left in the fourth quarter. The score is tied. They are on the 10 yard line and the camera zooms in on the quarterback’s face. Suddenly, he smiles and turns to his defensive linemen and says, “You know, we’ve done a pretty amazing job this game to get to this point. We overcame a lot of challenges and look at us now. I think we are close enough to our goal, so let’s just relax, leave the ball here, and go celebrate and have some fun.”
Sounds crazy, doesn’t it? Yet I can’t tell you how often I see a client achieve amazing results. Losing 25, 50, 75 pounds or more, and then stop just 10 or 15 pounds from a healthy weight. Once they have stopped that forward progress and given up short of their goal, it usually means that they are headed back in the other direction.
In life, not just the Super Bowl, it’s about always making forward progress toward our goals. When we stop short of our goals, it’s hard to get back on track!
As you continue with your program, there will be events and celebrations that pop up. If you are prepared for these special functions, you will find it much easier to stick to your program. Here are some tips for you to follow.
1. Call the hostess to find out what foods she will be having and volunteer to bring an appetizer or meal side dish.
2. Remember that alcohol is loaded with calories. Choose club soda or diet pop. Alcohol will also let down your defenses and you will be more apt to fall for temptations.
3. Don’t change your exercise routine the day of the party.
4. Make the occasion a social event and focus on your friends and fun.
5. When the party is at your house, use low calorie and fat free salad dressings for dips. Have plenty of healthy snacks for you.
6. Make a decision about what you are going to eat before you go.
7. Make a decision about what you will say to those who try to push fattening food on you.
8. Have a shake before you go to curb your appetite.
9. Get up during half time and walk outside (weather permitting) or do some stretching.
10. Stand away from the food table and engage in conversation. Use a small plate to put your healthy food items on, and then walk away.
11. Bring a shake or bar with you in case there are not good food choices at the party, especially if you will be there for 3 hours.
12. Help the hostess! Help serve and clean up. Keep busy.
GO HAWKS 🙂
2 light laughing cow cream cheese (1 Healthy Fat)
1/4 cup 2% reduced fat Mexican Three Cheese Blend (1/4 Lean)
1/8 tsp Worcestershire sauce – I left this out (1/2 Condiment)
3 to 4 Jalapenos, depends on size (1 Green)
1 tbsp grated parmesan cheese (1 Condiment)
Cut jalapenos in half lengthwise; remove seeds and membranes. In a large saucepan, boil peppers in water for 5-10 minutes (the longer you boil the peppers, the milder they become). Drain and rinse in cold water; set aside.
In a small mixing bowl, beat thelaughing cow cream cheese, cheddar cheese and Worcestershire sauce (optional). Spoon 2 teaspoonfuls into each jalapeno half; sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese. Place on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 400 degrees F for 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve warm. 1/4 lean, 1 green 1 1/2 condiment.
6 whole eggs
1 tbsp Mayonnaise, light
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
2 tsp Spicy Brown Mustard
1/2 tsp paprika
optional dice up 8 slices of cucumber dill pickles
Hard boil and peel eggs. Cut eggs in half, remove yolks and place into a bowl. Put egg whites onto a plate. Mix yolks with mayo, mustard, salt and pepper. Fill each egg white with 1/12 of the yolk mixture. Sprinkle paprika on top.
• 1 1/2 cup Cottage Cheese, 1%
• 1 cup Raw Cauliflower
• 1 cup Raw Celery
• 1 cup Raw Peppers, Green
• 1 cup Raw Peppers, Red
• 1 tbsp Raw Scallions
• 16 olives Olives, Black
• 1 meal Fajita Seasoning Mix
• 4 oz Cheese, cheddar, reduced fat, shredded
• 2 cup Cooked Tomatoes, diced
• 3 ounce Avocado
• 12 oz Chicken, breast, boneless, skinless
• 2 tsp Lemon or Lime Juice
Additional Notes to Ingredient List:
Try canned diced tomatoes with green chilies for a little extra flavor.
1. Shred already-prepared chicken.
2. In a food processor, blend cottage cheese until smooth.
3. Combine chicken, cottage cheese, fajita mix, cooked tomatoes,and lemon or lime juice in a bowl and mix together.
4. Transfer mixture to a baking dish. Top with cheese and bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 25-30 minutes or until hot and bubbly with cheese melted on top.
4. Garnish with scallions, avocado, and olives. Serve with non-starchy veggie dippers listed or other low carb veggies of your choice.